Day 2

Ok, this was the first real day we were going to spend in Disney World. Epcot was on the agenda today, as well as my first Toad In.

We woke up at about 7:00, and everyone had showers before we headed downstairs for breakfast. I wore my Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride shirt this day because there was going to be a Toad In at 4:00. We went downstairs to the lobby where the continental breakfast was being served and got breakfast. They didn't have very much, as far as I was concerned. I can't eat really sweet things for breakfast because they just make me feel yucky all day, so I immediately bypassed the table with the donuts and pastries. I finally decided on a bowl of cereal, two pieces of toast and a glass of fruit punch. We took it back up to our room and ate, but found it less than filling. The cereal was soggy, the toast was dry and the fruit punch...well, it was good. Oh well, we were going to have a big lunch, so a small breakfast didn't matter. Before we left for Epcot, we decided to have lunch at the Garden Grill. We thought about Alfredo's and Biergarten, but Garden Grill sounded better to us.

We left for Epcot and arrived at about 9:30 and pulled into Journey 10. We parked the car and walked with awe-filled reverence toward that glorious, huge, magestic sphere. I had to renew my annual pass (since I hadn't gotten to do it the night before) and we had to buy my Dad's pass. I got the Annual Park Hopper renewal and my Dad got a five day park hopper pass with Simba on it. Our first line of business was to go to the land and make our priority seating at the Garden Grill. We got to the land pretty quickly and made our priority seating for 12:30. While we were there, we decided to see Food Rocks, my favorite thing in the whole "world." I love Food Rocks! I absolutely love it! It's so cute and so funny...I just love it!

We went inside and sat down and, of course, sang along. We video taped Food Rocks the first time we saw it, and I now know every word of the entire show. And of course I have to show off my Food Rocks knowledge, so I always sing along. I also noticed what would be a great trivia question. How many grams of fat per serving does Fud Rapper have? I'll give you a hint; I'm talking about the one in the show. The answer is different for the animatronic Fud Rapper in the show and the drawing of Fud Rapper in the theater's lobby. I'll give you the answer at the end of today's trip report. Next we went on Living with the Land. I like Living with the Land too. I think it more interesting than entertaining. I like seeing the alternative ways of growing foods, like the plants that grow with the roots exposed.

After the Land, we went to the Imagination pavilion. Seeing that a show was about to start, we decided to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. This is one of my Dad's favorite things in Disney World. I've never liked it that much, but it's ok. I guess I compare it too much to Muppet*Vision 4D, which I think is much better. Anyway, after the show was over, we joined the hordes and went inside to ride Journey into Imagination. It's another one of my favorite things in Epcot. This time, we were in the last car on our train. One of my favorite scenes is the one in the white room with the flowers and the carousel. I'd never noticed that what was making the room change colors were the crystal prisms. I also like the room with Dreamfinder; "Let's look at nature at this speed. From germination, then back to seed."

Since we still had a little bit of time left before lunch, we decided to go in Innoventions West. I tried to send myself some e-mail, but I couldn't get any of my online mail accounts to work. Then I tried to bring up the Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride page, but I got an error message saying that that page had been blocked. Hmmm...

Now it was time for lunch, so we went back over to the Land and checked in at the desk. We were given a little red box thing and told that when the lights started flashing that it would be time for us to be seated. About ten minutes later, our box began flashing and we were seated. We sat on the upper level, which I kind of liked, because I didn't really like the idea of everyone watching us while we ate. Our waiter was nice, but not the most efficient waiter I've ever had, but it was ok. He brought us a large skillet full of steak strips, rotisserie chicken, fried catfish and roasted vegetables and a big bowl of "smashed potatoes." I had some chicken, catfish and potatoes. The chicken and catfish were excellent. The potatoes...well, I'm not a big fan of real mashed potatoes. I like instant potatoes, so I wasn't that impressed with them. Mom and Dad loved them. They also said that the steak was really good. I didn't have any of it.

All through the meal, the characters were making their rounds greeting everyone. It was really cute at first, but after their third or fourth time around, it got a little annoying. I mean, I can only hug Chip and Dale so many times. We did take a few pictures; Me with Minnie, Mom with Mickey, and Chip and Dale by themselves.

After we were done with the main course part of the meal, our waiter came by and asked if we were ready for dessert. He explained that they had some sort of baked apple stuff served with cinnamon ice cream. I'm not too much of a fan of baked apples either, so I asked if there was anything else. He said, "You like dirt and worms?" and I said, "Oh yeah! I love dirt and worms!" So when he brought Mom and Dad's apple and ice cream dessert, I received a little glass jug with pudding, cookie crumbs and gummie worms. And it was good!

When we were finally done, I looked down at my watch and noticed the time. We had spent almost two hours eating lunch! Actually, if the service had been a bit more prompt, we could have made it out about a half hour earlier. But it was ok. It was very relaxing not to have to rush out of the restaurant. So now we had just a little bit of time left before I had to leave for the Toad In at Magic Kingdom. We decided to ride Horizons, possibly for the last time. I love Horizons. It's a really great ride. It's going to be sad to see it go, but I think it has more than done it's part as a good ride, and it's time for something new. The animatronics were pretty old and it just doesn't seem to reflect current views of the future very well. I would love to see a complete refurbishment of this ride, but I don't see it happening. As much as I love Horizons, it's time has come.

We walked over to the Wonders of Life pavilion in hopes that I would be able to see Cranium Command before I left, but I decided that I probably wouldn't have time. We decided to meet at 6:00 in front of the American Adventure so we could all see Davy Jones!!!!!! So I left and took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. By the way, it was so convenient not to have to take a bus. It would have taken probably three or four times longer to get there. I'm really glad that I wasn't at MGM Studios or Animal Kingdom. I also really wish that Disney would extend the monorail to include both of the other parks.

I got to Magic Kingdom about fifteen minutes before the Toad In was going to start. I figured that that would give me just enough time to get in and get over to Mr. Toad before anyone else started showing up. When I got over to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, I saw no one. Ok, I thought. Everyone will start showing up pretty soon. Five minutes one. Ten minutes one. Finally, one person came up to me and said something. This was Bill, and finally I wasn't the only Toad supporter around. A few minutes later, Brian showed up, complete with Save Toad shirt and all. After a few more minutes, we decided to ride the left side. While in line, a few people asked about our shirts, and we spread the word of Toad's impending doom. When we got up to the loading area, I had the CM running the ride take our picture. Wow. A whole Toad In fitting in one car. Oh well, I think we made our point.

When we got off the left side, Bill said that he had to leave so he could get to his dinner at Spoodles on time. So Brian and I said goodbye then rode the right side of Mr. Toad. After stepping out to our left, I noticed that it was only about five o'clock, so I still had about an hour before I had to get back to Epcot to see Davy Jones!!!!!! We decided to go over to Frontierland and ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to kill a little bit of the time. The wait was not prohibitive, so we got on fairly quickly. After that, we walked back up to Main Street, said goodbye and I headed back over to Epcot. I'd had a good time, even of only three people were there. I think we made our point.

So I rode the monorail back to Epcot, and by this time I was dying of thirst. I made a stop by the Land again and bought a Jiminy Cricket, my favorite drink in Disney World, aside from Hi-C Pink Lemonade of course. Then I booked it on over to World Showcase (didn't want to be late to see Davy Jones!!!!!!). I took the Friendships boat over to Morroco and hurried my way over to the American Gardens Ampitheater to see Davy Jones!!!!!! On the way I ran into Mom buying some lemon ice slushie things, so I got one. I took one bite and decided it was gross. It just tasted like ice with lemon. No sugar, no sweeteners, no nothing. Yuck.

So we went back to the seats that Mom and Dad had staked about an hour earlier. I couldn't believe I was about to see Davy Jones!!!!!! I was completly in love with him when I was eight (when they made their comeback and released "Pool It".) They had sat through the first show, and when everyone left, they ran (well, knowing them, walked quickly) up to the front and snagged three seats in about the sixth or seventh row back. That was a really good spot because the stage came out into a little runway, so we were only one row away from the end of the runway, which was where he spent most of the show. A few minutes after we sat down, I saw hordes of people rushing to the side of the stage. I heard someone say that Davy Jones!!!!!! was going to be signing autographs. I ran over and got in the end of a VERY long line. After about five minutes he left, and I decided that I would rather have a good seat for the show that have his autograph, so I went back to my seat.

The show was excelent. Davy Jones!!!!!! is so cute! He's just as cute now as he was in the Monkees TV show! He sang lots of his old Monkeys songs and a few new ones that I was not all that familiar with. He even ended the show with my favorite Monkees song ever, Daydream Believer. Oh, it was so great! A couple of times he looked directly at me when he sang. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! It was so cool!!!!!! Once, he came out into the audience, and I thought he was going to motion for me to come out into the isle and sing or dance with him (but he didn't:(

After the show was over, we left the theater. I saw the people begin to get in line again, but I knew that it was only going to be about 15 more minutes until his next show, and he would never have time to sign all those autorgaphs, so I decided not to get in line. We walked around World Showcase in the direction of Norway and Mexico, stopping occasionally to look at the beautiful topiary of Disney characters, like Hercules, Megara, Timon and Pumbaa. When we got around to it, we stopped in Norway to ride Maelstrom. I love Maelstrom. I hate the part with the trolls (goes back to a traumatic incident at Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga), but other than that, it's cool. I think my favorite part is the "You are not ze first to pass ziss vay, and nor shall you be ze last." My Mom doesn't like the last drop that you go down, eventhough it's not bad at all.

After leaving Norway, we hopped over to Mexico and perused the shops in the courtyard. I noticed that they sold the same hot sauce there as they have on the tables at IHOP in Murfreesboro. Thought that was sort of odd. It's a small world after all (Hey! we haven't even been on that ride yet this trip!). Then we rode El Rio del Tiempo, or, for the Spanish illiterate, The River of Time. I like this ride too, eventough it always seems to smell a bit musty. I wonder how often they clean out the water? Lets just say that the main reason that we've never eaten at San Angel Inn is because I don't think I could stand eating next to that water.

By this time it was about 8:00, and realizing that we hadn't had dinner yet, we went back into Future World and had dinner at the Electric Umbrella. Mom and I split a chicken strips meal and Dad had his own chicken strips meal. I love their chicken strips. They get my vote for best in the World.

Being just about time to leave, we stopped in the Emporium because I wanted to do some shopping. The only thing on my list this night was a Little Mermaid waterglobe. I found one and bought it. Ugh! Over $60, but that's ok. I really liked it and I had the why not? We left shortly after I bought my waterglobe and had no trouble getting to our car or out of the park. There was a dispute about which way to go to get back to or hotel, so we accidentally ended up about five miles away from our hotel. When we finally got back to the hotel, nothing was left on the agenda except a good night's sleep.

By the way, Fud Rapper has three grams of fat per serving and contains four servings.

Go to Day 3
Return to being Fyabulous!